- Bicycling on the word famous Danube Cycle Path (EuroVelo 6 - [EV6]) indeed on best selected stages
- National Park “Donau-Auen” along the Danube River
- 1st class Panoramic-cycleway through the fabulous Danube Bend
- Getting to know 3 famous capital cities: Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest
- Allows the optimization of your flights to Budapest there and back,
possible departure even from Vienna as well. (a cost-free choice)
- 6 nights accommodation with buffet breakfast in 3-and 4-star hotels and country inns, free Wi-Fi internet in 99% of the hotels, en-suite rooms with bath or shower/WC
- 6x buffet breakfast
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Service and luggage van with our driver for complete technical support
- Bicycle transportation in a special bike trailer
- Personal welcome with the tour info on the 2nd day morning
- Options for discussion about the cycling stages on the spot
- Help in case of a breakdown or/and bicycle change on the spot quickly and for free (equal to roadside assistance for broken bike or tire etc.)
- Carefully selected routes, compiled by experts.
- Information sheets and map for the occupants
- Route maps and information brochure per booking on the spot
- The driver/guide is reachable via cell (mobile-) phone /Service Hotline/ for additional information and requests and in case of emergency as well. (= on-site tour hotline)
- Transportation of cyclists according to the program. The company-unique Velo-Touring Service:
- The holiday includes the services of a driver/tour-manager who follows the group in a back-up van
- This service and luggage vehicle accompanies the cyclists discreetly (undisturbing) on the daily stages, so in case of technical problems our driver can be called via phone and he will be there to help as soon as possible
- Mobile bike-repair service the quickest roadside assistance without any additional charges in case of our bikes has any problem
- Driver meets with the cyclists at the pre-agreed points along the way
- Organised meeting points en-route and helps and gives advice if needed
Day 2 – IN THE DANUBE BEND – After breakfast the tour-coordinator/driver of the back-up van will welcome you at 8:45 a.m. at your hotel. (Meeting point: hotel reception o. parking lot) Route briefing. Transport from the hotel by van together to the starting point at the Danube river. The bikes will be adjusted and the cycling adventure is ready to start. Enjoy the picturesque landscape of the Danube Bend. Cycling so on the most beautiful Danube Cycle Route Hungary's nearby of Visegrad with panoramic view to the Citadel on the hill. (The old palace was earlier royal residence and summer house). At the end a short transport together into the old coronation city Esztergom, head domicile of the Hungarian Catholic Church and world famous for its imposing cathedral. The dome stands proudly above the Danube. From here you can take a breath-taking view of the beautiful Danube valley in Hungary. Overnights stay in Esztergom /Stúrovo/.
(approx. 47 km / 29 miles cycling)
Day 3 – ONE TOWN - TWO COUNTRIES – After crossing the Danube biking on the river dyke until Komárno. Explore the biparted port city by yourself. On this side of the twin town is located the attractive “Courtyard of Europe”, the name for the unique architectural work of the architects from the Atelier Europe. On the other riverbank in Komárom are located the remains of greatest fortification system of old Austro-Hungarian monarchy and a nice open-air spa as well. After a transport by van to the to the hotel, your overnight stay is in the 4-River-city Györ /Arrabona-Raab/.
(approx. 41 km / 26 miles cycling)
Day 4 – CITIES AT RIVERS – Explore the "Danube & AUDI-city" Györ, famous for its picturesque baroque downtown. The medieval town center is located on the confluence of Rivers Raab and Mosoni-Danube. After a city walking tour start by bike to the ancient fortress city in Mosonmagyarovar upon River Leitha, situated at the Hungary's western gate. You bike through typical, small villages using a perfect cycle path before arrive to this town. On this day, you have again multiple options to swim in beautiful spas of the region Northern-West Hungary. Overnight stay in Mosonmagyaróvár /Former city name: Ad Flexum in the Roman Age/.
(approx. 50 km / 31 miles cycling)
Day 5 – THE 2nd CAPITAL CITY – Bicycle tour using the cycle paths and sometimes little country roads. Cycling through the former marsh region of the "Little Alföld". Crossing the control-free border of Hungary/Slovakia nearby Rajka. You continue on the Danube on the dam cycle path and you will arrive to Bratislava, the capital and historical coronation town of Slovakia, nicely located at the Danube River. An extensive walking tour in its very charming downtown is highly recommended for you! Overnight stay in Bratislava.
(approx. 46 km / 29 miles cycling)
Day 6 – HALLO AUSTRIA, HALLO VIENNA! – After the breakfast, van transport from the Slovak metropolis directly to the “Danube Bike Trail”. There is a beautiful cycle path ahead on the Hubertus-embankment along the Danube River (nature reserve area). On this day, you have the opportunity to see two provincial Castles on the way as well. You arrive to Vienna, the old imperial city of Austria. Firstly, transport from the Danube Bike Trail directly to today’s hotel in Vienna. At the hotel, farewell from your driver, and overnight stay in our partner hotel in Vienna.
FYI: if you choose this last night to spend in Budapest (H) instead of Vienna (A), that is possible: at your booking please make a remark (as a “Supplementary Service”), that on this 6. Day you require a transport back to Budapest by our escort van to our partner hotel. (this service can be requested only for the 6th day!) In this case will your overnight at our partner hotel in Budapest. (Attention! Transport back to Budapest is possible only on this day, and arrival to be expected ca. at 9:30 p.m.!) This unique service (=immediate return to Budapest) is free of charge (=gratis).
(approx. 53 km / 33 miles cycling)
Day 7 – Individual departure after breakfast or exploring in Vienna/Budapest, additional night/s.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE (own organization):
- Your arrival and departure between Vienna and your home and Budapest and your home, before/after the tour.
- Travel insurance (accident and health), as well as your official free European Health Insurance Card(European guests only).
- Lunches and beverages during the cycling tour. (to be managed on the spot)
- Entrance fees for spa’s, sights, ferry boats etc., (to be managed on the spot)
Optional (not included in the tour price,extras):
- Half board package for four cycling days (from 2 to 5 day) and for a supplementary price of EURO 68.00 per person (4x three course dinner, sometimes buffet dinner, advance reservation is necessary!) -Extra nights before/after the tour
Prices of additional nights
|In Double room with shower and toilet||In Single room with shower and toilet|
*Price per Person and per Night in EUR, Breakfast and local taxes are included.